The Harvard Innovation Labs seeks a Harvard student to oversee operations of and training for the AR/VR Studio.
The Studio is a resource for students working on projects and developing ventures in the augmented, virtual, and mixed reality spaces.
Fitted out with the most advanced hardware and software, the AR/VR Studio is equipped with technologies that include VR-ready workstations, various software and design platforms, multiple headset configurations, and filming resources to help students experiment and create innovations in a wide range of industries.
The candidate for this position needs to be a Harvard Student and have universal working knowledge of AR/VR technology including: Unity, Steam, C#, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and a familiarity working with 3D and 360° cameras and 3D modeling tools.
• Scheduling time to train students on the basic mechanics of the systems, software, headsets, and accessories.
• Daily equipment inventory – oversee security of equipment.
• Being the Go-to person with questions about equipment use, keep up-to-date list of necessary equipment upgrades.
• Monitor AR/VR Studio usage by students and student teams.
• Support the i-lab’s programming team to design AR/VR-focused experiences/workshops.
Positions available: 3 students needed. Up to 10 hours per week, pending scheduled demands. This position is available for the school year, 2017-2018. $25 per hour/no benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org