Job Title: Community Coordinator
School/Unit: Harvard Innovation Labs
Time Status: Full time
Schedule: Monday-Friday: 35 hours per week
Salary Grade: 53
About the Harvard Innovation Labs:
The Harvard Innovation Labs (HIL) is a unique collaboration and education space designed to foster entrepreneurship and innovation across the Harvard University community. The Harvard Innovation Labs consists of three programs:
- The i-lab is available to all current students from any Harvard school who are looking to explore innovation and entrepreneurship at any stage. The i-lab provides all the physical and intellectual resources needed to develop and grow startups, including co-working space, advising, office hours with industry experts, workshops, the Venture Incubation Program (VIP), and the President’s Innovation Challenge (PIC), an annual student (and select alumni) venture competition.
- Launch Lab X (LLX)is a nine-month accelerator for 15 Harvard alumni ventures. Housed inside the i-lab, the program commences every September and culminates in May with the LLX track of the President’s Innovation Challenge. Applications are accepted from all over the world and open to any alum from any school.
- The Pagliuca Harvard Life Lab is a shared laboratory space for high-potential life sciences and biotech startups founded by Harvard faculty, alumni, students, and postdoctoral scholars. The 15,000-square-foot facility has 36 lab workbenches and 50 co-working spaces, conference rooms and kitchen.
Position Summary: Cultivates a strong sense of community among teams and ensures all teams feel fully supported by performing a variety of complex administrative and support duties to enhance the Harvard Innovation Labs programs and resources.
The Community Coordinator role is majority student-facing, with additional organizational duties, focusing on the daily community needs of our member programs.
- Serve as primary administrative contact and liaison for Venture Incubation Teams.
- Take ownership over the community, operations, and administration of the Venture Program (VP) and Launch Lab X: the application cycle, the weekly newsletter, Facebook group, events planning, and answering daily questions from members.
- Newsletter development, gathering useful information, synthesizing and writing a clear newsletter that drives information and attendance.
- Make daily efforts to foster a positive and collaborative community. Monitor news, happenings, feedback, struggles, and wins. Constantly look for opportunities to serve students better and streamline administrative o
- Provide for smooth day-to-day flow of communications within the Harvard Innovation Labs Community.
- Conduct operational components of the i-lab such as kitchen stocking, event registration, and front desk concierge.
- Maintain a deft knowledge of all the happenings at the Harvard Innovation Labs.
- Serve as an extra set of hands to work on larger Harvard Innovation Labs projects and anchor events.
- Be an office encyclopedia, cheerleader, gatekeeper, and policy enforcer all at once, while working at the entry point of the i-lab.
- Support the security list and tackle daily issues related to security and access.
- Be flexible regarding work hours. e.g. 11am to 7pm schedule.
- Be available for regular evening events and occasional weekend events.
- Working with Marketing team to assist in filling programs, keeping track of enrollments and pushing information to Venture Program community.
Why you would be good at this job:
- You are naturally outgoing with a good sense of humor and positive attitude.
- You are detail oriented and know when a program is coming up, every single task that needs to happen in advance to make sure everything runs smoothly
- You are willing to try new things – because the i-lab is a startup too, and we are always iterating.
- You enjoy the atmosphere of a fast-paced and demanding workplace.
- You maintain high standards of excellence and a keen attention to detail.
- You can learn various technology systems quickly and think carefully about how to best use the tools to get the job done.
- You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get all the details right.
- You can work independently but have the judgement to know when to ask for help or clarification.
- You demonstrate the i-lab personality: Passionate, Nimble, Thoughtful, And Clever
- BS/BA College Degree with 1-5 years of work experience
- Demonstrated customer services skills
- Ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams
- Good with peoples names, stories and connecting people who might like to know each other
- Must possess superior communications with high creativity, energy, integrity, thoughtful judgement
- The position requires a high level of organization and problem-solving skills to meet deadlines
- The ability to work occasional extra hours, to meet deadlines and oversee and/or attend events
- Agility, gravitas, and high EQ are valued attributes
- Solid PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills required
- Comfortable learning university software programs, Midas, PassagePoint, Slideroom
- Detail Oriented
To be considered for this position, please apply by January 12, 2020
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Req 51276BR on the Harvard employment site.
In your cover letter, please explain why this job posting speaks to you.