The Media Studio is equipped with a Nikon D3100 DSLR camera. You can also use your own camera or phone.
Some notes before you start:
- The Nikon D3100 is easy to use and is good for simple video recordings like vodcasts or short informational videos.
- The camera does not work with external microphones, but has an onboard mic that records modest-quality sound.
- The camera is kept in the supply cabinet inside the Media Studio. Return it there after use.
- The camera should never leave the i-lab.
- If you need the move the podcasting equipment to use the video backdrops, follow the instructions on how to do so safety that are posted inside the Media Studio.
How to use the camera:
- Take the camera and bag out of the supply cabinet.
- If you are going to use the tripod, notice that the camera already has the tripod quick-release plate mounded on the underside. Click the camera into the tripod.
- Take off the lens cap.
To record video:
- Make sure the main selection dial on top of the camera is turned to the green AUTO setting.
2. Locate the Live View lever (A) and the Video Start/Stop (B) button on the back of the camera.
3. Click the Live View lever (A) to the right. The camera will switch from viewfinder to Live View mode and the back screen will turn on.
4. Push the Video Start/Stop (B) button to start and stop video recording.
Offloading your video from the camera:
To offload your video from the Media Studio camera, you will need to install the ViewNX2 software from Nikon.
It is available at the Nikon Download Center.
After the software is downloaded and installed on your computer, use the cord in the camera bag to plug the camera into your computer and download your video files.