Time Status: Full time
Schedule: Full time
Salary Grade: 57
About the Harvard Innovation Labs:
The Harvard Innovation Labs (HIL) is a unique collaboration and education space designed to foster entrepreneurship and innovation across the Harvard University community. The Harvard Innovation Labs consists of three programs:
- The i-lab is available to all current students from any Harvard school who are looking to explore innovation and entrepreneurship at any stage. The i-lab provides all the physical and intellectual resources needed to develop and grow startups, including co-working space, advising, office hours with industry experts, workshops, the Venture Incubation Program (VIP), and the President’s Innovation Challenge (PIC), an annual student (and select alumni) venture competition.
- Launch Lab X (LLX)is a nine-month accelerator for 15 Harvard alumni ventures. Housed inside the i-lab, the program commences every September and culminates in May with the LLX track of the President’s Innovation Challenge. Applications are accepted from all over the world and open to any alum from any school.
- The Pagliuca Harvard Life Lab is a shared laboratory space for high-potential life sciences and biotech startups founded by Harvard faculty, alumni, students, and postdoctoral scholars. The 15,000-square-foot facility has 36 lab workbenches and 50 co-working spaces, conference rooms and kitchen.
The technology team leads planning, management, and implementation of software tools and services at the Harvard Innovation labs. Additionally, the department manages the curation of all organization data used for internal and external reporting purposes.
The Data and Reporting Analyst will support business management goals (including members of the board of directors, the executive director, along with additional internal and external stakeholders) by providing data, research, and analysis (descriptive and predictive) to help inform initiative strategy and management decisions.
Working across the array of functions, the Data and Reporting Analyst will gain and share a deep understanding of key metrics, performance targets, and industry benchmarks. He/She will establish and maintain a data dictionary and work directly with department heads and other staff to gather reporting requirements and establish dashboards.
- Refine and develop predictive forecasting capabilities and other data-driven products for strategic decision-making support. Work closely with development team to understand and refine data structures.
- Reporting: Research and produce analysis, data, and slides that explain and evangelize the work of the Harvard Innovation Labs for use in marketing, conferences, and various other programs and activities.
- Market Data: Collaborate with and support the i-lab marketing and product management teams, conduct research and prepare benchmarking reports using competitive intelligence, data, and other information sources regarding key players, trends, and innovations in the space; understand how other players and the space evolve.
- Coordinate with Marketers to define campaign performance measurement practices.
- Coordinate external data requests and create standard reports, templates, and dashboards so information is readily accessible.
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing product lines, team, and data/reports, and work closely with leadership to understand their needs.
- Participate in meetings, committees, and task forces as needed. Assist in determining and carrying through on follow-up activities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business needs into systems requirements and scoping. Maintain clear communication.
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies and Code of Conduct
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Key skills required include analysis, statistics, and ability to present data in a variety of forms for different audiences; fluency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with business intelligence and data analysis tools such as Tableau, R, Google Analytics Python, and SQL
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial organization.
Creative problem solver, self-starter and proven ability to anticipate needs.
A results-oriented team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- A good listener with high energy and drive.
- Must possess superior communications with high creativity, energy, integrity, thoughtful judgment and decision making
- Ability to work independently in a fast-based, multi-project environment.
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Alignment with the values of HUIT: User-focused, Collaborative, Innovative, Open.
- Experience with the specialized needs presented in an academic environment.
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban)
- Competency with MS Office Suite of tools (O365)
- General understanding of cloud based SAAS models
- Experience working in a university setting preferred
- The position requires solid project management competencies, a high level of organization and deadline orientation as well as problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Last Updated: 11.4.2019
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Req 51156BR on the Harvard employment site.