About this workshop:
- Are you interested in augmented reality but don’t know where to start? This course will provide you with an introduction to augmented reality. We will discuss different types of AR devices, the software, and notable projects to understand the characteristics of AR.
- We will have a hands-on technical session using Unity and Vuforia to turn your unassuming Harvard ID into an Augmented ID. *Please bring your laptop with Unity installed.
- Level of experience: Beginner, no experience needed.
What is covered?:
- Types of AR (mobile, headset, pros and cons), mobile AR related softwares, types of augmentations (marker-based, object-based, location-based), and image-based AR project examples.
- Hands-on session using Unity and Vuforia to augment your Harvard ID.
- Deploy app to your smartphone.
After this session, you will have a broad understanding of the concept and possibilities of mobile augmented reality. You will understand how to use Unity and Vuforia to augment a 2D image to reveal something.