All Life Lab ventures have access to a host of resources offered through the Harvard Innovation Labs ecosystem.
The Life Lab is a two-story, 15,000-square-foot facility.
- First Floor
- Co-working office space
- 3 conference rooms
- 4 phone booths
- Lockers and filing cabinets
- Second Floor
- 30 benches in the open lab
- 6 benches in the private suite
- Bio-safety lab level 1 (BL1), with dedicated bio-safety lab level 2 (BL2) rooms
- First Floor
The facility is bio-safety lab level 1 (BL1) with dedicated bio-safety lab level 2 (BL2) rooms. The space is supported by fume hood alcoves, tissue culture rooms, refrigeration, a microscopy room, and associated operational infrastructure.
Cost and Membership
One of the biggest benefits we offer is below market value for the cost of our private lab suite, open-lab benches, and membership. The private lab suite, with 6 benches, is $15,000-$18,000/month. Open-lab benches are $2,300/month. The membership cost for each resident is $200/month.
Lab Bench Information
The Life Lab has a total of 36 lab benches – 30 benches in the coworking lab and 6 benches in the private suite.
Each bench is equipped with pipette, vortex, shared refrigerated units, vacuum and compressed air lines.
The Life Lab provides shared lab equipment suitable for research activities in the life sciences including but not limited to:
- Glassware prep: autoclave, glass washer
- Type I and Type II purified water, vacuum, gas supplies, ice machine
- Cold storage: refrigerators, -20C freezers, -80C freezer, cryo storage
- Basic sample prep equipment: Chemical fume hoods, pH meters, centrifuges, vortexes, shakers, micropipettors, electrophoresis tanks
- Standard sample analysis tools: Plate readers, PCRs, imaging stations, spectrophotometers
- Fully equipped BSL-2 labs for tissue culture, virology, and microbiology
- Specialized equipment: qPCRs, Flow cytometry, fluorescent microscopy
All shared equipment can be reserved by members through an online reservation tool.
If you’d like to meet us, see the space, or learn more about our offerings, sign up for a tour here.
- EHS training and compliance for all lab users
- Permits for all laboratory operations
- Cleaning and waste removal
- Maintenance of equipment and technical support
- Centralized purchasing, in which pooled access reduces costs