Hi. We’re glad you’re here.
The Harvard Innovation Labs is a unique collaboration and education space designed to foster entrepreneurship and innovation across the Harvard University community. The Harvard Innovation Labs comprise three programs:
- The i-lab is available to all current students from any Harvard school who are looking to explore innovation and entrepreneurship at any stage. The i-lab provides all the physical and intellectual resources needed to develop and grow startups, including co-working space, advising, office hours with industry experts, workshops, plus venture programs and competitions.
- Launch Lab X is a nine-month accelerator for 10-12 Harvard alumni ventures. Housed inside the i-lab, the program commences every September and culminates in May with the Launch Lab X track of the President’s Innovation Challenge. Applications are accepted from all over the world and open to any alum from any school.
- The Pagliuca Harvard Life Lab is a shared laboratory space for high-potential life sciences and biotech startups founded by Harvard faculty, alumni, students, and postdoctoral scholars. The 15,000-square-foot facility has 36 lab workbenches, 50 co-working spaces, and conference rooms.
What’s the role and why is it important?
The Strategic Marketing Manager plays a key role on the Marketing Team at the Harvard Innovation Labs. You will be the driver of quarterly marketing plans and oversee the i-labs marketing campaigns and outreach efforts. The Strategic Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing marketing plans that help us achieve our larger organization-wide strategic initiatives. Additionally, you will directly manage the workflow of the marketing contractor – helping plan the digital strategy, content calendars and distribution processes across all marketing channels.
The Strategic Marketing Manager’s #1 goal is to develop insights and strategies that connects the Harvard Innovation Labs with our customers in emotional, creative, compelling ways. Your mission is to guide our customers to engage with us digitally and physically to give them an understanding of what the i-lab is about – and how we can help them create a better world.
What your days will look like:
- Strategize with the Marketing Director on major campaigns, events and programs (45%)
- Develop and manage the marketing strategy – from research and insights to campaigns and successful implementation.
- Drive digital marketing strategy and implementation including email and social media
- Lead strategic initiatives that expand awareness and reach among our core audiences. (35%)
- Write detailed marketing briefs that effectively communicate our goals/objectives with the creative team
- Develop and manage our overall marketing funnel
- Continuously build strong relationships with the key staff members across all Harvard Schools
- Drive creative brainstorms to help better engage our audiences
- Directly manage the marketing contractor and work with them on developing effective digital strategies, content calendars, weekly newsletters and distribution processes. (10%)
- Track marketing analytics (develop, track, measure, and analyze) based on department and organization wide initiatives (10%)
Key behaviors for success in this role:
This is us. Is it you?
The Harvard Innovation Labs’ 5 principles:
- Raise your own bar – be an active learner
- Start with Why – be strategic
- Get outside – learn from others
- Think sideways – collaborate across departments
- Don’t look back – let go of legacy thinking
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s preferred
- 6+ years of experience in leadership marketing roles
- Proven ability to deliver results without someone looking over your shoulder.
- Strong understanding of and passion for the latest marketing technology and trends
- Proven communication skills – verbal, written, presentation
- WordPress skills would be huge
- Familiar with CSS and HTML code a major plus
- Experience working with university students preferred
- Strong organizational skills; able to keep many balls in the air simultaneously
If this is you, let’s chat.
Direct Reports: NA
Reports To: Marketing Director
Last Updated: 10.28.19
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Req 51017BR on the Harvard employment site.