From Seed to Real
Welcome to Launch Lab X — the groundbreaking offering from Harvard Innovation Labs, exclusively for Harvard alumni-led ventures.
Situation: You’ve got a high-potential seed phase startup and big plans to change today’s status quo. You’re a Harvard alum, so you have ever-growing choices in terms of incubators and accelerators.
Most accelerators only get you so far: usually a quick sprint to a Demo Day or a pitch session. What they accelerate is funding. Many early-stage founders focus on funding, so this sounds great. We think differently.
We designed Launch Lab X intentionally to support your venture and your early leadership team from seed-stage startup to a sustainable, disruptive, fundamentally sound business with real-world impact.
Like Sophya, an industry-redefining ed-tech venture in the 2018-19 Launch Lab X cohort, you’ll unlock unprecedented, transformative opportunities and connections you may never have dreamed of.
For our new 2019-20 cohort, we’re seeking contrarians, disruptors, and creative thinkers. 10-12 special founders and teams determined and driven to create exceptional ventures and contribute to our vibrant community of next-generation innovation.
A custom roadmap and a curated community
The Harvard Innovation Labs’ method is adaptive, milestone-based, and most importantly, not one-size-fits-all. Teams who use our method de-risk their business model and validate their value proposition. Good things usually follow.
We’ll give you the knowledge, expertise, and support you need to build your venture through our curated network of mentors, industry insiders, experiential learning, and advisors. We connect you to people, resources, information, knowledge — everything you need to develop as an entrepreneur and innovator.
One of the most compelling advantages of Launch Lab X is building your business in a curated community of motivated, like-minded innovators. When the chips are down or you’re stuck, sometimes there’s nothing better than having a peer who understands what you’re experiencing.
The program at a glance
- Time to breathe & react: Launch Lab X is a 9-month program, comprised of three 90-day sprints – each sprint with its own focused theme, culminating in a pitch and feedback session with investors, potential customers, and industry insiders. You’ll figure out what you don’t know and have time and support to improve.
- Individualized milestone model: We’ll give you a scorecard to help track your progress combined with a custom roadmap designed explicitly for your startup.
- Weekly cohort sessions and dinner: Small, intimate & highly impactful dinner sessions, where you’ll come together with the other leaderships teams from the cohort to learn from some of the sharpest investors, operators & subject matter experts you won’t just find at any old conference. Hear the stories behind the stories, and learn the real truth from their hard earned experience in Startupland.
- Deep mentorship & advising: A holistic program unlike any you’ve experienced. Both peer-based mentoring as well as industry-specific coaches for members of the founding team.
- Dedicated office space: You’ll have dedicated space for your team and your cohort at the Harvard i-lab, with wifi, our suite of creative studios (maker space, multimedia, and AR/VR), and full resource support.
The 2019-2020 cohort of Launch Lab X starts in October. The application process is open now through June 30.
For those who apply by June 30, and are invited in for an in-person interview, they will be held the week of July 22 – 26.