Harvard i-lab Fall 2019 Venture Incubation Program
The Venture Incubation Program is a program designed to help Harvard student founders go further, faster. Regardless of what got you here or how far along your idea or venture is, we encourage you to complete the application, and congratulate you in advance for taking the first step!
We are looking for ventures that demonstrate the following:
- Deep and intimate understanding of a problem or market need/opportunity
- A compelling solution to said problem/need
- Thoughtful and clear plan to achieve milestones
- Ability among the team to build, test, and deliver
- A desire to help other teams and contribute to the i-lab ecosystem as a whole
We’re not looking for perfection, we’re looking for thoughtful answers, passion for your problem, and desire for a like-minded community.
How to Apply:
Click here to start your Fall 2019 VIP application
The application is hosted through SlideRoom. Your team lead will have to create a free account and label it with your venture name. This allows you to complete the application directly on the platform and save your work as you go. Applications can only be viewed by judges once submitted. All teams looking to renew must re-apply using the above link.
Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions about the application process. If your question is not answered there, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 6, 2019 | Application form is live
- August 21, 2019 | Application deadline (11:59pm EST)
- Early September | Decisions emailed to team lead
- September 17, 2019 | First day of program, mandatory orientation
- December 6, 2019 | Final day of program
Please fill out this application carefully and honestly. We’re very excited to see your great ideas!
Eligibility & Resources
The Venture Incubation Program is a 12-week program that provides a cohort of eligible, hungry startups with a breadth of resources to help them take their ventures further, faster.
Participants in the program get access to:
- An assigned Staff Advisor to guide your journey
- Office space for you and your team
- Roundtables on skills development and industry expertise
- Milestone-based and peer-to-peer learning sessions
- Dinners with experienced entrepreneurs
- Feedback sessions on pitch presentations
- Our internal community platform for Q&A, recruiting, and networking
- Perks, discounts, and guidance to external opportunities
- Social events to celebrate the community
- Priority access to our Maker Studio, Media Studio, and AR/VR Studio
- Most importantly, a vibrant community of fellow entrepreneurs!
To be eligible for consideration, applying teams must:
- Be founded or co-founded by at least 1 current, full-time, matriculated Harvard student or postdoctoral fellow, who will act as Team Lead. HUID status will be checked.
- Have the Team Lead present at the i-lab and engaged with their Staff Advisor on a regular basis during the 12-week program.
- Demonstrate through your application a commitment to active participation and utilization of the VIP resources during the 12-week period.