PLEASE READ: You will need to join a training session for the studio before you can use it. Once your training for a studio is complete, you can access that studio with your ID card.
About the Media Studio
The Media Studio is is available full-time enrolled Harvard students interested in pursuing innovation and entrepreneurship at the Harvard Innovation Labs and to members of the Student i-lab, Launch Lab X GEO, and Life Lab.
It was created to help you make multimedia assets as stand-alone content or as part of marketing and outreach. If space allows, those working on other non-academic ventures and projects can use the studio for content creation.
The studio has equipment that allows you to:
- Create podcasts and other audio content.
- Create video content and programming such as demo or pitch videos.
- Create/format visual content for web and print, such as logos or executive summaries.
Equipment available for your use:
- Professional video equipment for production and editing:
- Sony NXCAM HXR-NX80 (shoots HD and 4K)
- Sony ECM-VG1 Electret Condenser Shotgun Microphone
- Manfrotto tripods
- 2019 iMac with Adobe Premiere
- A pull-down chromakey (green screen) backdrop
- A Harvard Innovation Labs-themed backdrop for recording video interviews and vodcasts
- Dracast studio lights
- 3-station audio recording studio with:
- Pro-quality Shure KSM44 Microphones with shock mounts & windscreens
- Professional studio headphones
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (2nd Gen) mixer and recording interface
- Marantz sound shields
- Macbook Pro with audio recording software (Audacity and Garageband)
- Portable audio recorders:
- Zoom H1n
- Photography/graphic design, etc.:
- Nikon 3000 DSLR camera
- iMac with Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Large flat screen TV
Media Studio Staff:
Zhafira Syahidah (goes by Zha) is this semester’s Media Studio Teaching Assistant. Zha is a master’s student in the Learning Design, Innovation, and Technology program at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Prior to her work at Harvard Graduate School of Education, Rachel earned a Bachelor of Arts in Human Sciences from Osaka University, Japan.
Driven by her passion to normalize sexuality education in Muslim communities, Zha is currently building her start-up called Taulebih (@taulebih.id on Instagram). It is a platform that offers online sexuality education courses to K-12 in Indonesia and parent coaching. In hope to grow Taulebih’s impact, Zha is a registered member of the i-lab and looking to connect with students and experts who are passionate with the same cause.
With commitment to connecting Harvard with her community, Zha regularly shares her student life and experiences on YouTube and Instagram. She is looking forward to the opportunity to welcome students from across the entire Harvard community to the Media Studio.
Media Room Policy:
Training is required before using the space. Please sign up for a training with a TA during office hours or an available workshop to gain access.
The i-lab’s Media Studio is intended for those that are actively working on video, audio, or visual content related to their ventures (such as pitch videos, podcasts, or logos). This room and its resources are not for casework, school projects, studying, or unrelated activities. If space allows, those working on other non-academic ventures and projects can use the studio for content creation. Students must have completed a training before signing up to use the space.
The studio is primarily for production, with some availability for editing. Please be respectful and limit your reservation time to a 2-3 hour maximum during the week. If available, the room may be reserved for longer periods during the weekend for shooting/editing. Reservations are not permitted to be booked more than 2 months in advance. Extensive need for studio should be discussed with TAs, or else may be cancelled by the administrator.
Please put equipment back exactly as you found it.
Please do not save media on the lab’s computers and delete anything that is temporarily saved there.
For questions, please email email@example.com.